Washington, June 16 – Israel is both an ally and a friend of America because the two countries share the same values, Mitt Romney said Saturday at the Faith and Freedom Coalition Conference.
“America is stronger if we are locked in with our friends and Israel is one of our friends, not just because of economic interest but because we share the same values,” Romney said while answering a prescreened question on U.S.-Israel relations.
The presumptive Republican nominee pledged as president he would “forge a strong working relationship with the leadership in Israel” and he would not “show a dime’s worth of distance between ourselves and our allies such as Israel.”
He said if he and the Israeli leadership have disagreements, they would discuss them behind closed doors. “But to the world, you know that we’re locked arm-in-arm. I would make sure Israel’s safety is important to the people of the world.”
The social conservative group Faith and Freedom Coalition had 250 people in attendance in the ballroom of a Washington hotel for Romney’s speech. The former Massachusetts governor was speaking via a video hookup from an outdoor site in Pennsylvania during a six-state bus tour.
“For us, as well as for [Israel], it is unacceptable for Iran to become a nuclear nation and we’re prepared to take any and all action to keep that from happening,” Romney said to loud applause.
Speaking about Syria’s civil war, Romney said he would encourage countries in the region such as Turkey and Saudi Arabia to provide the insurgents with weapons..
5 Responses to Romney: Israel and U.S. share same values
Mitt’s are the words of an politician that should be president.
ISRAEL is an member of the human race as such respected
however ISRAEL must bide within the boundaries of the law.
It being at present a ongoing dispute with many whom are…
appalled at behaviour of ISRAEL the invasion of PALESTINE
the continuation of building & enlarging ISRAELI settlements
upon PALESTINIAN land / an situation where PALESTINIANS
are forced into a ever smaller area where being deprived of
the basic needs / water / medicine / food /the basics needed
in hospital equipment / that of basic building materials / thus
PALESTINIANS enabled in repairing buildings that damaged
from constant ISRAELI bombings from air or from groundfire.
It understandable that IRAN wish have a nuclear defence
against ISRAEL / they have seen the malice the hate the
injustice that ISRAEL capable of treating others.To deny
IRAN’s people a right as the means to defend themselves
would be a great wrong to IRAN its people’s or any nation.
The situation is as Mitt put ISRAEL should be respected….
that's their right as being a member of the family of nations
yet it also for ISRAEL to start respecting (rights of others)
which it has greatly been lacking in doing // in the process
having committed great wrongs // as appalling war crimes
which no ISRAELI politician or those of the military having
done whom be guilty / (as yet none been brought to trial).
Its not for NATO or UN picking out those whom should be
privliged / whom being above as beyond the law /abled in
do as please // justice is a right of all nations not the few
thus its for Mitt as president in bringing /some meeting of
minds / that it made clear unto all the law is every nations
right / that every nation / but given the full backing of the
law / that none be above or beyond the reach of the law.
We can not continue with the situation as with BARACK..
where he has broken every promise made /rather than
protect the rights of people / he having stripped people
of the few rights they had remaining / an situation now
where the right of a trial removed / any individual being
now arrested can be refused legal representation / but
simply left to wrote in a prison cell / where deprived of
basic human rights the rights that millions died to gain.
The latest claim of BARACK being he has the right to
murder any individual (not only american) but of any
individual whom feels perceive as a threat to an USA
govt or it military // such murders he claims are not a
crime / as he has classified them as “lawful murder”
thus lawful in front of a crime / making it a none crime
“lawful corruption” “lawful voting fraud” “lawful rape”
“a lawful beating” “lawful abuse” such but a mockery
of the law /it makes a mockery of the courts of justice.
The sooner BARACK removed much the better for all
nations / the sooner that Mitt becomes president but
being better for all nations. Mitt someone whom wish
talk / to bring debate / bringing all nations protection
from injustice / that all abide within the boundaries of
the law / just law that will serve all nations not the few.
I do not know who William Wallace is, BUT his knowledge of the English language leaves a lot to be desired.. There is NOT one phrase that is accurate. The Arabs put themselves in this position when they did not accept the partition in 1948. They wanted war and they got it, not once but 3 times. Who initiated attacks over the years? When there is retaliation do not go cry to your mother. Palestine could have existed long ago, the Arabs would be called Palestinians and the people could live just like the Israelis do. The Israeli government offered many times to help the people to establish infrastructure and businesses. Their response was: Intefadas….
I suggest that W.W. visit Israel, then Gaza and then what could have been a FREE Palestine.
Compare the living style. Gaza is what they chose to be. Let their people say once and for all:
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. We want peace. No more rockets, no more missiles.
Go there and be convinced and see which area is open to all (except murderers)
William, you are right about Obama and Mitt, but terribly ignorant regarding Israel! 1st of all, there is no such thing as a Palestinian, that name was invented by Israel’s enemies when Israel was formed, prior to that those lands were owned by other countries in the region. Israel and the USA have a obligation to kill terrorists that threaten them! Islam is a religion of murder and subjugation and until it leaves the middle ages and joins us in the 21st century, it cannot be allowed the same standing as the rest of the worlds religions!
Alice very well stated, I could not agree more , the truth for Jewish people remains, that in reality we cannot rely on others for our own survival, history and today’s world behavior, have allowed weak so called leaders, to indulge themselves in an on going talk only fest! and this bears out your statements.
It is important to know the facts before making judgments:
1. Palestine is a geographic area – not a country.
2.Jews were the only ones to ever be a sovereign nation in the area.
3. The Romans, one of the many conquerors of the territory, renamed Judea, the Jewish country, ‘Palestina’ , in an effort to destroy the Jewish ties to their homeland; as a result, Jews were called ‘Palestinians’ -a name that later referred to others who lived in the territory.
4. Despite many foreign conquests there was always a Jewish presence in the land.
5. When the Ottoman Empire ended after WWll, the French and British assumed responsibility for the divided lands- the British assumed the Mandate for Palestine which then included ALL OF THAT WHICH IS JORDAN TODAY AS WELL AS TODAY’S PALESTINE TERRITORY.
6. The Mandate for the Jewish National Homeland originally (1920) included ALL of that land on both sides of the Jordan River and all religions were to be respected.
7. Churchill, however, lopped off 77% of that territory – everything on the east side of the River, called ‘EASTERN PALESTINE’- and created Trans-Jordan, known today as ‘Jordan’ – FOR ARABS ONLY -AN APARTHEID STATE.
8. THE REMAINING LAND, ONLY 23% OF THE ORIGINAL PROMISE- ALL OF TODAY’S PALESTINE – WAS THEN TO BE THE JEWISH HOMELAND.
9. The Balfour Declaration, the San Remo conference, and later the ENTIRE LEAGUE OF NATIONS – 51 MEMBERS- UNANIMOUSLY affirmed this (July 24, 1922).
10. The Arabs in the region were not satisfied with their large portion and refused the existence of a Jewish state.
11. The British yielded to their demands, armed the Arabs, and cast a blind eye to the many acts of terrorism against Jewish communities in Palestine. (i.e. 1929 massacre of Jews in Hebron and other riots even prior to 1948.)
12. THE MUSLIM RELIGIOUS LEADER, THE GRAND MUFTI OF JERUSALEM was a FRIEND AND SUPPORTER OF HITLER AND THE BRITISH -DURING WWll- FOLLOWED THE MUFTI’S WISHES AND DID NOT EVEN PERMIT JEWS FLEEING THE HOLOCAUST TO ENTER WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE JEWISH HOMELAND. Thus many Jews who could have been saved were returned to Europe and death in the crematoria.
13. After WWll the British turned over their failed Mandate to the U.N. where, on Nov. 29, 1947, that organization voted to create 2 states in the territory called Palestine; THIS WAS ANOTHER DIVISION OF LAND THAT HAD BEEN LEGALLY DESIGNATED FOR THE JEWISH HOMELAND!
14. IT MUST BE NOTED THAT THE BRITISH AGAIN BETRAYED THE TRUST AND ABSTAINED FROM THE VOTE BECAUSE THEY DID NOT WANT TO ANTAGONIZE THE MUSLIMS!!
15. While the Jewis reluctantly accepted the UN decision for much less than the original promise, the Arabs even then fought that legal decision and, in May, 1948, 5 of their countries surrounded the State of Israel which was historically more than 3000 years old and legitimately returning to her roots.
16. Palestinian Jews became ‘Israelis’ on that date; for years, the Arabs in the land -many of whom had emigrated from surrounding countries for economic reasons – had not called themselves ‘Palestinian’s but preferred to identify themselves as ‘members of the larger Arab nation’; for example, those from Syria called themselves ‘southern Syrians’ .
17. During the 1960s, they adopted the sole name ‘Palestinians’ for political expediency as it then would appear as though their identity matched the name of the territory that they wished to claim and they could create the myth that Israel was ‘alien’ to the land.
18. Israel has had to fight several wars of survival and has, fortunately, survived, although at great human cost. She has been pressured by many in the international community to make dangerous concessions – for peace which has never materilized.
19. Israel has been condemned more than any other country by a U.N. that has been hijacked by radical regimes, some of which may sit on the Security Council while ISRAEL IS THE ONLY COUNTRY THAT IS DEPRIVED OF THIS RIGHT!!
20. The Arabs in Palestine – who should be known as ‘Palestinian Arabs’ – make constant demands of land in order to weaken Israel. This is part of the ‘phased plan’ of getting what they want – the destruction of the State of Israel. They have ‘mythed the truth’ in creating stories of Israeli aggression against innoncent Arabs, Israeli deprivation of basic needs like water and medicine. They do not acknowledge those who have been brought to Israeli hospitals for surgery; they do not admit that Arabs live and work in Israel and share rights of Israeli Jews. They do not value the right of Arabs to be part of the Knesset – the Israeli parliament- although many of them would like to see Israel destroyed and rejoice at terrorist attacks against Jews that have claimed the lives of so many innocent Israelis – blown up buses ,suicide attacks in restaurants, rock-throwing attacks, and more. They and even some other left-wing groups demand the removal of ‘settlements’ on ‘occupied’ land. It should be clear by now that the land in the ENTIRE TERRITORY OF PALESTINE IS LEGALLY AND HISTORICALLY THE JEWISH HOMELAND and is being falsely labeled as ‘occupied’ by Jews when it is, in essence, being ‘occupied’ by her enemies. That having been clarified, there are no illegal ‘settlements’ ; there are rightful COMMUNITIES lived in by RESIDENTS who are not ‘occupiers’ !!!
21. The world has witnessed chaos and killing in the countries surrounding Israel. Some dictators have been overthrown – only to be replaced by the dangerous Muslim Brotherhood that funds Hamas, a terrorist organization. The Muslim Brotherhood, an affiliate of other terrorist groups such as Al Qaeda, has infiltrated Western countries and one day will certainly initiate their overthrow as well; the ultimate goal of that radical organization is the DESTRUCTION OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION-TO BE REPLACED BY A WORLDSIDE CALIPHATE AND SHARIA -STRICT ISLAMIC LAW. Those who are informed are aware that SHARIA IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE U.S. CONSTITUTION.
THE WORLD MUST UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS ALREADY A MUSLIM STATE OF PALESTINE – KNOWN TODAY AS JORDAN. AS PROVEN BY THE FACTS ABOVE, THE ENTIRE TERRITORY KNOWN TODAY AS ‘PALESTINE’ WAS LEGALLY DESIGNATED AS THE JEWISH HOMELAND. IT IS A DEMOCRACY, SURROUNDED BY RADICAL ISLAMISM WHICH IS THREATENING THE WEST. ISRAEL IS THE BULWARK OF FREEDOM AND HER SURVIVAL AND SECURITY ARE ESSENTIAL FOR THAT OF THE FREE WORLD.
THAT IS PRECISELY WHY THE ENEMIES OF DEMOCRACY WANT HER DESTROYED!
RADICAL ISLAM TODAY WOULD USE THE ENTIRE MIDDLE EAST AS A LAUNCHING PAD FOR MISSILES AIMED AT EUROPE AND THE U.S. IT IS ONLY BY ANTICIPATING THE TRAGIC RESULTS THAT THEIR GOAL CAN BE AVERTED.