Monday, June 18, 2012

"Let every person know that I do not compromise"


by Itamar Marcus and Nan Jacques Zilberdik

On May 14, the day before Israel's Independence Day, PA TV broadcast the following political statements as printed text on the TV screen:

"Let all of humanity know that I'm not an immigrant"
"Let all religions know that I do not make truces"
"Let every person know that I do not compromise"
"Let all of humanity know that we are proud of [our] patriotism"
"Let all the nations know that we are proud of [our] aspirations"
"Let Palestine know that I am madly in love with it"
"Let Jaffa (Israeli city) know that I will return to it"
 [PA TV (Fatah), May 14, 2012]

Each text appeared on the screen with pictures of mostly unidentified old buildings, implying that they, like Jaffa mentioned in the last statement, are inside "Palestine" and that the PA is claiming them.

Also significant are the political messages that the PA will neither agree to a truce nor compromise.

Palestinian Media Watch has documented that it is PA policy not to recognize Israel's existence or right to exist.

No comments: