Tuesday, July 31, 2012

PA Ministry of Education periodical: Israel is "like an octopus... flames shooting out between its fangs"

"They cut off my limbs,
threw me among the ruins"

by Itamar Marcus and Nan Jacques Zilberdik

A Palestinian Authority Ministry of Education monthly periodical chose to include an essay written by a PA teacher describing Israel's creation as an attack by "an enemy like an octopus... with burning flames shooting out from between its fangs" who "cut off my limbs [and] threw me among the ruins."

Palestinian Media Watch has reported on the ongoing PA demonization of Jews and Israelis, as well as the repeated denial of Israel's right to exist.
 
The following was written by Saadia Muhammad A'amia, PA teacher at
Al-Khas wal-Nu'man school:

"One day, when a strong wind blew, an enemy like an octopus came to us and began putting its arms everywhere, without asking permission, with burning flames shooting out from between its fangs. It entered our homes... uprooting our crops with its arms, and looking at them with the joy of arrogance and conceit...
I screamed: 'I don't want it, I don't want to go. This is my place and this is my existence.' They cut off my limbs, threw me among the ruins, and I began to writhe with hunger, with deprivation, and with homelessness...
My blood and my bursting anger [Lit: my volcano] are witnesses to what I say to the world: even if it takes a long time, the summer cloud will dissipate and relief will come, like a light that emanates from the darkness of death and renews life. We will be masters and pioneers, everyone will witness it. Take away the chains that shackle me wherever I go, so I will become free and sing under the skies of our homeland Palestine."                               
 [Masirat Al-Tarbiya Wal-Ta'leem, June 5, 2012]

To view additional messages from the PA Ministry of Education to Palestinian youth, see official Palestinian Authority schools that are named after terrorists and cities in Israel, and see PMW's report on 12th grade Palestinian schoolbooks.

A PLO-funded educational magazine for youth glorified Hitler because he killed Jews. Click to view PMW's full report on the hate messages in the PLO magazine for youth, Zayzafuna.

Recently, PMW documented another example of PA demonization: PA TV broadcast a painting presenting Israel as an ogre that impales and eats Palestinian children in Gaza.

No comments: