91 thoughts on “Why is This Not Betrayal?”
- I’d love to see this published in the MSM. Or perhaps Pat Condell could make a video presentation of the content.
- “Since more Muslims means more Islam, this implies that Western authorities actively support the gradual Islamization of our countries.”
Western politicians have become so stupid, so dunce. so [lacking in cranial capacity] … that it is necessary to point out to them something as obvious as the above statement.
Politicians who are stupid, daring liars, unconscionable, stupid, immoral, unscrupulous … pave the way to devastating wars. And still voters go and elect them and call a democracy.
- The elites do not imagine that Europe can possibly be “Islamized”. They figure, rightly or wrongly, that the draw of secular life in Europe will prevail in the end, and that European Muslims will defect from Islam or give it nothing more than casual lip service.No one they know takes religion seriously. They cannot really grasp that anyone might. So they are quite confident.
- Many Western elites seem to hold a schizophrenic attitude toward their own native culture: They disdain it enough to promote a massive infusion of “multiculturalism” and sneer at the “nativists” who want to maintain their culture, but they simultaneously believe that the parts of their native culture they really value are indestructible and so manifestly superior that the newcomers won’t even try to destroy them, but will gladly adopt them.I think you’re correct in observing that our Western elites underestimate the depth and power and durability of religious commitment among people from Muslim societies in particular. In the “progressive” worldview, people should become enlightened and less fanatical when they’re immersed in a secular-progressive society. For the offspring of Muslim immigrants to become MORE fanatically religious instead is so contrary to their expectations that they cannot confront the facts realistically. So they search for the explanation in some failure of the host society to be welcoming enough.Some American observers have fallen into this trap in assessing Islam in Europe: claiming that European countries have not done as well as the U.S. at “integrating” their Muslim populations, but we here in the U.S. are doing it properly, so no worries …
- “If Western governments and political leaders fail to do this, then they fail to protect their countries and uphold their basic duties to their citizens. They should be held accountable for that failure.”Then if they do not The People have every right to do what they fail to do- as in live up to our duty to protect ourselves and future generations. This article is a masterpeiece in understatement. What these “elites” are doing is mass extermination of cultures and peoples. Calling them “criminals” is an undertstatement.
- Not stupidity, but nihilism.
- Not nihilism – annihilationism.They want to destroy the existing order and replace it with something more feudal. If the native proles won’t get with the program, then they’ll be removed.
- To simply stop immigration at this point in time would be equal to what it is in medicine palliative treatment for a lethal disease. What is really needed is surgery – a deep incision that uproots the parallel civil societies the various muslim populations already created in the host countries. That is a direct result of the fact that in islam there is no secularism, religion and politics go hand-in-hand. The existing muslim minorities are numerous enough to step over the threshold from which they can exercise influence on the host societies without accepting integration into the latter. Islam does not integrate, islam absorbs like a vacuum cleaner anything and everything comes its way.
- How can a ‘religion’ condone, indeed, even promote, murder and mayhem? I maintain that islam is only a violent primitive political system masquerading as a religion.
- I agree wholeheartedly. I’ve often said that islam is a political power grab ideology disguised as a religion. What intelligent god would ever glorify death over life?!
- Monostor- You’re not the first to propose such a “solution”, and I really wish it were so simple. However the scheme to remove Muslim minorities from democracies, even if a government were willing to try, would encounter numerous problems:1) Who wants to be the first Western-style democracy to begin what would be condemned as “ethnic cleansing”? You and I know that Islam isn’t a race, but our opponents don’t make the distinction.2) Who decides, and how, which Muslims are a danger to our way of life? Yes, I can already imagine some followers here arguing that they all are. Would they include Ayaan Hirsi Ali, for example? So you either try to do it fairly, which could take decades, or quickly, which would lead to great injustices.3) Where to send them? No point in bundling hundreds of “Dutch” Moroccans, say, onto a ‘plane to Marrakesh if the authorities there refuse permission to land (as they, and many other Islamic nations, probably would).4) The first country brave enough to introduce such measures would be ostracised by its fellow-democracies, even if some secretly sympathised, and economic sanctions would likely follow.5) Many of these potential deportees have citizenship of the countries where they live. How safe would our citizens abroad be, including diplomatic staff, if we failed to observe the standards we criticise other, less “enlightened” nations for ignoring (eg, Sudan recently)?6) The likely reaction of Muslim countries would be catastrophic for much of the global economy. The US, say, might survive without Middle Eastern oil; others wouldn’t. Meanwhile Saudi etc. could get by, if with difficulty, on exports to China, Japan and other countries not boycotted.7) There would almost certainly be a huge upsurge in terrorism.8) Last, but far from least: there would be massive, bloody riots among the Muslim population; many innocent people would die, millions’ or even billions’ worth of property would be destroyed, martial law would be imposed (and when, if ever, would it be lifted?).I don’t have a better solution, other than being much more rigorous in insisting on all the people in our countries’ adhering to our standards of behaviour, and it may be too late for that in some places. If anyone does have a better idea…
- to: Mark H.
no need to have such a defeatist attitude. initially small steps are needed to resist radical islam–which may then make our society more confident to take additional steps.For example the Prime Minister of Australia has stated fighters returning from Syria will not be allowed back in the country.
- Mark,There is no real PC/MC solution that gives Westerners a warm fuzzy feeling that so many people desire especially in the anti-jihad collective. Look the last time we had to be tough with Islam was almost 500 years ago. Even then a good part of Europe had no stomach for it. To be blunt, we’re not capable of realistically assessing the threat as it now stands. It will take a younger generation that will be directly exposed to Islam on our territory to formulate a strategy to deal with them.Now the gist of Fjordman’s article. Yes it is betrayal. The elites have canceled the social contract they have with the masses and are now a threat to their existence. What the elites now desire is simply demographic destruction of Western people and their culture and it’s replacement by Islam.That said, I’m actually surprised fjordman article was posted instead of him being banished.As to why it’s happening. It’s too long to go into here. But suffice to say, the dominant minority(ruling elite) has generally liberal(Marxist) ideologies across the board except when it comes to making money not to mention living in what amounts to a fantasy of their own making.Others admit their policies will destroy the West but in the short term their year end bonuses will be god like. Money over life and common sense.Some simply desire a state like Brazil where a small elite run everything and become fantastically wealthy. These people think Muslims will be nice and passive like current locals. Don’t think so.Be that as it may, we’re stuck with what we have as leadership. Things will get worse until we get a black swan event that the elites cannot paper over like they did in 2008 or maybe ISIS gets lucky and topples the Gulf oil states.[Redacted](The Ancient Chinese aphorism which was appended to this otherwise excellent comment has been taken out. That fortune cookie wisdom is a decades-old virus which was inserted into otherwise normal conversation in English, spreading relentlessly. It is far worse than four letter Anglo Saxon epithets, which have at least the advantage of antiquity on their side. Were we to let the fortune cookie wisdom appear here on Gates of Vienna, why the Wicked Witch of the West would vaporize in front of your eyes. Sorry, anon, that you were unwittingly caught in the fan belt. Stuff happens even in boring times.]