Sunday, May 15, 2011

Motzei Shabbat (After Shabbat)

Arlene Kushner

"The Special Strength of Israel"

I write often about Israel's strength, and the astounding and unique courage of her people.

But it's one thing to write about it, and another to provide a demonstration of this courage by one extraordinary individual: in this case, Miriam Peretz. And so, this motzei Shabbat I am simply going to offer a link to a video. It was taken at the 2008 Friends of the IDF dinner, I believe in NYC, and was just recently put up on YouTube. (I thank Margy P. for calling it to my attention.)

This, my friends, is why Israel will prevail. The world understands us very little indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WWdqhg_t_I

~~~~~~~~~~

© Arlene Kushner. This material is produced by Arlene Kushner, functioning as an independent journalist. Permission is granted for it to be reproduced only with proper attribution.

No comments: